- Small Business Advocate & Marketing Strategist
- Motivational Business Speaker
- NFL Player for the Green Bay Packers (5 Seasons)
Mike Weddington is a business and marketing strategist and speaker. Traveling North America in the past 8 years, he worked intimately with retailers, dealers and distributors to create strategic business models that drive sales and achieve positive results. Mike’s proven strategies, gained from hands‐on experience and research at the dealers’ level, will reduce years of a business learning curveread the rest
Mike Weddington played professional football for eight years, joining the USFL’s New Jersey Generals for three seasons, followed by five seasons in the NFL with the distinguished Green Bay Packers.
Throughout his professional sports career Mike’s unique experiences of competing at a world-class status from the grid iron to the board rooms prepared him for a career for Training and Development as a motivational speaker, business coach and lecturer. He provides cutting edge strategies, while leveraging his NFL football experience and 28 years in Corporate America.
This unique experience will bring insights to creating, inspiring and building a winning team and organization. Mike shares key strategies from professional football playbooks that should be included in every business plan. Most important, he focuses on the two greatest assets of a company – their staff and customer base. He shares with executives and business professionals how to create action plans and strategies to compete in a highly competitive business environment.
Expanding beyond the bounds of football, Mike moved on to invest over 28 years with two Fortune 500 companies. He spent 18 years at Wilsonart International, working directly with the Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing to grow its annual revenue to over $1 billion. Mike also worked 10 years at Hunter Douglas window fashions increasing annual sales to over $4 billion, where he reported directly to the president.
Key Takeaways About Mike Weddington’s Professionals Experience:
• Hosted 800+ seminars and work with over 400+ businesses in business planning sessions.
• Worked with over 45,000+ businesses owners and staff across the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Islands in the past 10 years.
• Presented over 125+ keynote speeches for Chambers of Commerce, small, midsize and large corporations, regional and National Trade and professional association events.
Mike continues to work closely with small, mid-size and large corporations, retailers, dealers and distributors. He works with them to create strategic business models that drive sales and achieve positive results. Mike has a proven track record of helping businesses create a plan of action to become more effective, maximize profitability and increase sales. A seasoned business professional, Mike holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management from the University of Oklahoma.
Mike’s Four Areas of Expertise
1. Leadership and Team Building
2. Sales Management: Territory Management, Selling and Negotiating Skills
3. Organizational Excellence & Employee Engagement
4. Hiring Young Professionals
Mike brings a high level of energy to his workshops and keynotes. Each engagement is filled with practical, real-world proven, step-by-step strategies to help owners, managers, and employees move to their next level of success.read less